What We Are Looking For
We are interviewing and hiring training groups throughout the year and offer competitive pay with many opportunities for advancement.
The University of Connecticut's Department of Transportation is currently seeking student drivers to its Van Program. All drivers will participate in a paid training program to receive their A endorsement (or out-of-state equivalent).
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Must be dependable and able to safely operate state passenger vehicles of different sizes.
- Must be able to pass a USDOT drug test as required by 49 CFR part 653.
- Must pass a physical examination by a medical examiner (DMV Form R-323) or out-of-state equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be willing to work a minimum of 10 hours a week, including at least one as an opening, closing or weekend shift.
- Must have a clear driving history with no suspensions or moving violations, including but not limited to: speeding, cell phone use, or an at-fault accident. Proof of clear driving history will be requested upon employment.
- Must be able to pass a state background check (DMV Form R7) to obtain a Connecticut Public Service License or A endorsement (or out-of-state equivalent, if applicable).
- Must have, or be able to learn, a general knowledge of the UConn Storrs Campus.
- Must be able to communicate the English language clearly.
- Must have a valid Driver's License from any state.
- Must have at least one year of driving history.
- Must have at least two semesters remaining as a UConn student.
- Starting AVS Driver: $10.10
- Opportunities for advancement
Interested in driving the shuttle buses?
University students with a valid CDL class B, with A and P endorsements may be eligible for driving positions.
Non-student applicants with a valid CDL and at least four full years of bus driving experience should apply through Human Resources. Any questions on the application process can be directed to the Transportation Business Services Supervisor, Charlie Grab