All of our buses now include bike racks. All racks can hold up to two bikes at a time. Prior to using one of our bike racks, please read the information below:
Important info about using our bike racks:
- Use the racks at your own risk. UConn assumes no responsibility for bikes that are lost, stolen, damaged or left on racks.
- Always tell the bus driver that you will be loading or unloading a bike on the rack
- For your safety, always approach the bus and load your bike from the curb side
- Bicyclists should load and unload their own bikes. For safety reasons, our drivers will not be able to help you.
- Any loose items or items that may block a driver’s view must be removed from your bike before loading.
How to use the bike racks:
1.Squeeze handle and pull down to release a folded bike rack
2.Once the rack is lowered, lift the bike into either set of rack wheel holders
3.Pull the arm out, up, and over the front tire of the bike.
4.When removing the bike, release the arm by lifting up and over. Then lower the arm and lift bike carefully out of the wheel holders
5. If there are no other bikes on the rack, remember to return the rack to the folded position.
UConn is excited to introduce a new partnership with Zimride by Enterprise, a service of Enterprise Rent-A-Car, as an alternative transportation option on campus.
Zimride is an online ride-matching service connecting drivers and passengers within a private UConn network heading to the same area. It is free for students and faculty/staff to join the network and begin searching for matches or posting rides of their own.
Zimride provides an easy way to run errands, take weekend trips or go home to visit on breaks by sharing a ride with another student. Students share the expense of the trip, and also reduce traffic, air pollution and parking congestion by riding together.
Students, Faculty and staff members can save time, money and stress on their daily commute to campus by using Zimride to form a carpool. The innovative search feature allows users to post their commute, including arrival and departure times, to find matches in the network.
Here’s how it works:
The UConn network is available only to students, faculty and staff. Members of the campus community interested in using Zimride must have a UConn NetID to sign up.
In just a few seconds on zimride.com/uconn, drivers and passengers can set up a profile, search for open seats, or post their ride and destination safely and securely.
Join for FREE: zimride.com/uconn